Back to News
Message From Our Doctors
Posted on 25 Mar 2020
We are sorry that this comes across as a negative message, but we need to manage expectations as to what we can and can’t deliver to our patients. Please note that:
- We cannot do prescriptions early or give you extra supplies. The pharmacies are struggling already.
- We cannot give you and inhaler just in case, even if you had one five years ago – those with bad asthma and COPD really need these inhalers and if you have one just in case, then those who really do need them won’t be able to get one.
- We are unable to prescribe you paracetamol just because you can’t buy them over the counter.
- We can’t offer you additional advice as to whether you are at risk or need to self-isolate. We too are only following the government and Public Health England advice.
- Sick note codes for self-isolation can be obtained from NHS 111 online.
Every person who sets foot in a healthcare setting from now on, is sadly entering a high-risk environment so please DO NOT put yourself or others at unnecessary risk and think very carefully before you come to the surgery.
The Doctors of Orchid House Surgery