Tests & Results
You may telephone for results between 2pm and 6.30pm but please remember the following points:
- Results will only be given to the specific patient to whom they apply. In the interests of confidentiality please be prepared to identify yourself. Please do not telephone for results for relatives or friends without prior arrangement (written consent will be required).
- To safeguard patient confidentiality it is not our policy to verbally give results to patients at the main reception desk.
- You will need to know the specific test results that you require. Some tests take longer than others to process. If you have had several tests the receptionists will not necessarily know whether all the results are back unless you can identity them.
- Please do not expect the receptionists to have any medical knowledge. They are instructed to tell you if your test is normal as per the doctor’s comments. If actual results are required a print-out can be collected from reception upon request. If any test is abnormal or you require further discussion or interpretation, then please refer to your doctor.
- Due to the large number of test results processed, we cannot contact you all with results, so we leave this responsibility with you. A doctor views all test results and will be in touch if there are any concerns.