St. Marys Road, Ferndown, BH22 9HB
Current time is 07:28 - Sorry, we're currently closed. Please call NHS 111, Or alternatively use our e-consult service for non-urgent advice from our GPs https://orchidhousesurgery.webgp.com/
Latest News (click title to open):
Practice Charter and Statement of Purpose
We use a team approach to provide the best possible clinical care.
Having respect for you, your family and carers at all times, we aim to respond to your needs and the needs of the local community.
- Introduce ourselves to you and treat you with courtesy and understanding.
- Maintain your right for all information to be treated confidentially at all times.
- Guarantee you the right to see a doctor or nurse.
- Expect to see you within 20 minutes of your appointment time. If you wait longer you will be given an apology and an explanation of the cause of the delay.
- Endeavour to receive your phone calls, though we may need to return your calls at a later, more convenient time.
- Visit you if you are too ill to attend the surgery. We cannot specify which doctor will visit at what time.
- Guarantee that there will always be a doctor available for out-of-hours emergencies
- Ask your permission before seeing you with a medical or nurse student present.
We expect you to
- Treat us all with due courtesy and understanding.
- Be on time for your appointment so that we do not keep other patients waiting. Latecomers may be asked to rebook.
- Request home visits only when you are too ill to come to the surgery. Please ask for your visit before 10.30am. Visits requested after 10.30am may be postponed to the following day after discussion with the patient. We are unable to visit you merely because you do not own private transport.
- Ask for a visit outside surgery hours only when your problem cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
- Allow us two working days to deal with your repeat prescription.
- Understand that emergencies may from time to time disrupt even the best planned systems.
Statement of Purpose
Health and Social Care Act 2008
The name and address of the registered provider is:
Orchid House Surgery
St Mary’s Road
Main telephone: 01202 897000
Service Provider ID: 1-199748197
Registered Manager ID: CON1-499277738
Registered manager: Dr Mark Every
Practice manager: Carolyn Hattersley
Practice Charter: We use a team approach to provide the best possible clinical care. Having respect for you, your family and carers at all times, we aim to respond to your needs and the needs of the local community.
We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual orientation or appearance, disability or medical condition.
Orchid House Surgery is a partnership.
There are four partners and one Salaried GP
Dr Elaine Davenport
Dr Mark Every
Dr Fran Graña
Dr Preethi Balachandran
Dr Stephanie Martindale
The surgery is a purpose built GP surgery located in East Dorset. The building has 8 consulting rooms and 3 treatment rooms as well as 2 Waiting areas and administration offices.
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (The Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 Part 4), the registering body (Orchid House Surgery) is required to provide to the Care Quality Commission a statement of purpose.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To provide high quality primary care treatment to our patient population, drawn from the whole population, to include consultations, examinations and treatment of medical conditions.
- To show our patients courtesy and respect at all times irrespective of ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes or the nature of the health problem.
- To focus on good health and improve well-being to our patients and the prevention of disease by promoting healthy living.
- To understand and meet the needs of our patients, involve them in decision making about their treatments and encourage them to participate fully.
- To involve other professionals in the care of our patients where it is in the patients best interests; i.e. referring for specialist care and advice.
- To ensure that all members of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently ensuring we are an employer of choice.
- To create an educational environment, where staff promote learning amongst themselves.
- To encourage our patients to get involved in the practice through regular feedback, including a patient group and satisfaction surveys, using the results to change when required.
The registered activities and service types have been agreed by Orchid House Surgery’s Practice Manager and partners in accordance with CQC guidance. Services are described under registered activity and Service Type.
The regulated activities under CQC are:
- Diagnostic and Screening Procedures (GP)
- Family Planning (GP)
- Maternity and Midwifery Services (GP)
- Surgical Procedures (GP)
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury (GP)
The services provided by Orchid House Surgery include:
Routine medical checks and general medical services, NHS relevant prescriptions and medications or a private prescription can be issued.
- Immunisations, e.g. childhood immunisations
- Foreign travel advice and immunisation.
- Private medicals – Our GP’s are able to carry out medical reports and reviews.
- Respiratory clinic – Including spirometry / lung function testing with our specialist Practice Nurse.
- Diabetic clinic – Ongoing care for our diabetic patients and run by trained nurses and supervised by GP Partners.
- Family planning services – Including contraceptive advice including fitting of iucds and implants.
- Flu vaccination – We offer ‘at risk’ groups the flu vaccine every September onwards to protect against the flu virus.
- Midwifery – The midwives hold their own clinics at the local Childrens Centre, Bournemouth and Poole Hospital. They supervise antenatal/postnatal care, undertake deliveries in hospital and at home where appropriate.
- Physiotherapy – We have 2 in house physiotherapists who see patients referred by our practitioners in practice 3 days per week.
- Minor surgery – We offer a number of minor operations/surgeries and cryotherapy.
- Ear syringing
- ECG and 24 Hr B/P monitoring
- Cervical screening
We endeavour to treat all our patients with dignity, respect, courtesy, honesty and understanding. Having respect for you, your family and carers at all times, we aim to respond to your needs and the needs of the local community. We ask and expect all our patients to offer the same in return.
We are equally interested in the physical, psychological and social aspects of your individual care.
Continuity of Care
Maintaining relationships between our doctors and health care professionals is essential for continuity of care and as a group practice you are free to see any members of the clinical team with no restrictions.
If your first language is not English, the practice can make arrangements for you to have telephone access to an interpreter during a consultation.
The Treatment Room
We offer the benefits of a well-equipped treatment room, much of the equipment having been generously donated by our patients. If you wish to contribute to our equipment fund please contact our practice manager. The treatment room is open from Monday to Friday. Our practice nurses undertake duties such as injections, vaccinations, dressings, smears, removal of stitches and ear syringing. There is a daily transport of pathological specimens to the hospital laboratories; therefore all specimens must be received by 11.00am to link with the specimen transport. Please note we cannot accept any samples after 1.00pm on a Friday. Appointments can be booked up to four weeks in advance.
Our practice nurses play an important role in the management of diseases such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, and they organise clinics to support our patients.
Our practice is a shareholder of Castleman Healthcare Ltd and we are therefore working collaboratively and participating (where relevant) in shared delivery of care across our locality.
We also work as a Primary Care Network known as Ferndown & Wimborne PCN with our local practices, Penny’s Hill, Old Dispensary, Walford Mill and Quarter Jack.
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 18:30